As a follow up to my post the other day about how to ground yourself I thought it was worth a quick look at why it is so important to be grounded.
1. If you are always in your head rather than connected with your body it is not good for your mental health and contributes greatly to stress and anxiety.
2. Being disconnected from your physical body can also make you unbalanced and even physically ill.
3. If you are working with energy, or developing your spiritual self for example, and not grounding yourself it is very easy to become unbalanced, which you’ve probably guessed, can make you physically ill.
4. If you are drawing energy down from the Universe via your crown, no matter what that energy is or how you are working, if you are not grounding yourself then you can become quite spaced out, which as I remind my students, may feel lovely, but isn’t very practical.
5. We need both Spirit or Universal energy to feed and nourish our souls/spirits but we also need Earth energy to feed and nourish our physical bodies. This sometimes gets overlooked or forgotten and again can make us unbalanced and eventually sick.
6. Grounding yourself boosts your immune system.
7. Grounding yourself helps to allieviate physical.
8. Grounding yourself helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
9. Grounding yourself can improve your sleep.
10. Grounding yourself can improve your circulation.
11. Grounding yourself can increase your energy levels.
12. Grounding yourself can reduce the effects of jet lag.
13. Grounding yourself can reduce the effects of acclimatising to altitude.
14. Grounding yourself can help you ‘feel at home’ when you arrive in a new place.
Don’t take my word for it, get out here, take your shoes off and try it.
You will probably find more benefits than I’ve suggested here, as I said this is just a quick look………and if you do please post them in the comments so others may know them too.